Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reading for Lent at Church! AHHHH

For lent the Jr. and Sr. youth group have to read a reader's theater each Sunday and guess what I have to do it this Sunday. Well, I am not exactly excited about it, okay so I really, really don't like to speak in front of people at ALL! So I am kinda flipping out about it. And I just found out a couple days ago that I have double the parts, because my youth pastor couldn't find anyone else to do it (there was 4 parts) . My friend Kayla is doing the other part. My dad gave me some pointers so I am working on it. Emily and my parents think I will be good, but I really don't think I will. I have no idea what makes me think I'm not a good speaker, maybe because I started off a bad reader and I don't like being in front of people although, I can sing or play an instrument. I am not sure about it. This is what the Readers Theater.........

Kayla: Abram knew the darkness. Carcasses, birds of prey, childlessness, smoking fire pots and flaming torches.

Me: David knew the darkness. Evildoers seeking to devour his flesh. Armies encamped around him. False witnesses slandering his name.

Kayla: Jesus knew the darkness. Rulers seeking death. Knowledge of what was coming. An unwilling brood refusing the safety of his wingspan.

Me: We know the darkness. Worshiping our bellies, we revel in what is shameful; we think only of ourselves

All: And this darkness is deep and terrifying

Kayla: But God covenanted with Abram: "Your descendants shall be like the stars in the sky, and I shall give you this great land, from the river of Egypt to the river Euphrates."

Me: And God sheltered David: "I will conceal you under the cover of my tent and hide you in the days of trouble."

Kayla: And God loves Jesus: "This is my beloved son. With him I am well pleased."

Me: And God transforms us: "Leave your shame. I will empower you to become more like me-glorious!"

Doesn't seem that hard, but I hope I don't become a nervous wreak! Please pray for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,
Your mom and I just read this post. I know you're nervous. That's normal. You've practiced, you've thought about how you want to do it. I have no doubt you will be awesome! Hey, you're Kate!
Mom and I were just talking as we were traveling last night about how sharp/smart you are. You can do this. And, yes, we will be praying for courage and a peace that will allow you to read like you would want to read.

Oh yeah! See if you can get a copy (CD or Tape) of the service so we can hear you. Love ya girl!!

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I know I have told you this before, but you were absolutely beautiful up front this morning. Your voice sounded wonderful and you spoke very clearly! I love you sis, and I hope this experience has shown you how amazing God works in the little things we ask for day to day. I also hope that this experience has given you the confidence that you can do anything! Again, I love you very much!
Em

Anonymous said...

We returned from Florida last night and I was reading your blog. It was good to catch up. I liked all your snow pictures. We walked the beach several times even though it was cold and windy. The blue sky and sun were great. We stayed to watch the sunset one night. Love, Grandma K

Anonymous said...

Kate, Uncle Bill & I got back from Florida a week ago, and I'm just now checking blogs. Re: your Lent reading, stage fright is normal. Advice: Focus on making the script become part of what you want to say or share with your audience. You have the opportunity to make it come alive! Go for it! Aunt Eunice