Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Making Supper Every Tuesday Night

Every Tuesday night for the past month I have been making supper! Emily makes supper on Monday nights and Dad on Friday so mom doesn't have to cook on the nights she gets home late. So I usually wait until Tuesday afternoon to decide what to make so it is something quick. I have made Broccoli Cheese Soup, Enchiladas and some other stuff. So last night I kept putting off looking through the cookbook, but finally at lunch time I gave in and looked through one of mom's cookbooks. I thought about doing Haystacks and Lasagna but I decided not to make(there were other factors hint hint sisters opinion) them, instead I made a Pizza Casserole. All we needed from the store was Pepperonis, and mom was going to the store so she could pick them up, so at 4:30 I went to work. I browned the meat and cooked the noodles. Then I added mushrooms and some other things that go with pizza and garlic salt and oregano. I have to give some credit to my mom she added some spices to make it take a little better! We had applesauce and green beans for sides. For dessert we had snow ice cream ( since we have a lot to use) and fudge sauce that Mom made at the last second! I guess it was really good or wasn't as filling because my mom had second helpings (of the pizza casserole) along with everybody else and that almost never happens.

No comments: